This yummy salad makes the perfect dinner and leftovers. It’s super easy to make too. I hope you enjoy.
3 cups potatoes (around 4 potatoes) cubed
2 cups kumara (around 1 medium sized kumara, I recommend golden kumara) cubed
1 capsicum sliced
1 onion sliced
10 cloves garlic peeled
5 florets broccoli in quarters
2 heaped Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of your choosing)
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup of seeds (I like using a mixture of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and cashews)
3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 can chickpeas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a big oven tray add in all the veges (except lettuce leaves, leaf them out…sorry, I couldn’t help myself), oil, salt, pepper and spices. Put into oven. Flip occasionally (around every 20 minutes).
- In a small fry pan, add in the seeds. Stir constantly. Once they begin to brown up, remove from heat and stir in tamari (or soy sauce).
- When veges begin to brown up, add in the chickpeas and leave in oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once chickpeas are slightly brown and veges are cooked through and have a slightly crunchy outside, remove from oven. (Veges should not take any longer than 1 hour to cook)
- Now serve by putting some roast veges on a plate, or in a bowl and adding some lettuce/salad leaves of your choosing on top. Also put some blobs of aioli on and a sprinkle of seeds and you’re done 🙂