If you want to treat yourself, make one of these, I guarantee you will not be disappointed! This is my go to dessert, I have made so many of them in my lifetime and they are super quick and easy to make. The photo does not do this dessert justice.
1/2 cup gluten free flour (if using normal flour put in 1 cup, but I think gluten free flour tastes better)
1 tsp baking powder (unless you used self-raising flour)
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup soy milk (or milk of your choosing)
2 heaped Tbsp melted Olivani
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Place all ingredients listed under ‘sponge’ into a bowl and stir together until combined. Now, put this mixture into a casserole dish with no lid.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients listed under ‘choc sauce’ and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over top of the sponge in the casserole dish and put into oven.
- Check after 20 minutes to see whether a skewer, once poked into the cake, comes out clean. If it does, remove cake from oven else leave cake in for another 10 minutes then check again. It shouldn’t need longer than 35 minutes.
- I recommend serving straight out of the oven with some milk or vegan ice-cream 🙂
Leftovers are nice too. I recommend heating in microwave before eating though.