Quinoa is a little pricy and this recipe does take a little more time and effort than others, but I think it’s well worth it! This has to be one of my favourite dinners as it’s super healthy and full of flavour. Please leave comments or like if you enjoyed this post or have tried out the recipe. Thanks 🙂
1 1/2 cups quinoa
2 cups vege stock (I use Campbell’s Vege Real Stock)
1 cup water
1 golden kumara (sweet potato) cubed
2 medium sized potatoes cubed
10 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
3 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of your choice, I think coconut oil tastes best though)
1 capsicum into large slices
1 carrot diced
5 big florets cauliflower into quarters
5 big florets broccoli into quarters
1 onion into large slices
3 Tbsp coconut oil
salt & pepper
1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
Heaped Tbsp grated ginger
Optional: fresh chilli or hot sauce
1 Tbsp sweet chilli
1 cup Vege stock
1 can chickpeas
1 can red kidney beans
1.Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Put all ingredients from sector 1 into a rice cooker and cook. If you don’t have a rice cooker, cook in a pot, stirring constantly until quinoa has soaked up all liquid then set aside.
3. Place all ingredients from sector 2 into an oven tray and put into oven. Flip after 30 minutes.
4. Place all ingredients from sector 3 into a separate oven tray and put into oven. Flip every 10 minutes.
5. In a bowl, add all ingredients from sector 4 and stir with a spoon until combined. Set aside.
6. After ingredients from sector 3 have been in oven for around 40 minutes, add them to ingredients from sector 2. Also add the chickpeas and kidney beans then put tray back in oven.
7. After 20 minutes, remove tray from oven and mix in the quinoa and sauce (bowl of sector 4 ingredients). Put tray back in oven for 10 minutes, then you’re done.