This pasta is so full of flavour and a delicious, easy dinner that everyone will love.
1 diced onion
2 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
3 cloves crushed, or finely chopped garlic
1 can chopped, tinned tomatoes
1 fresh tomato diced
1 Tbsp sweet chilli
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Optional: hot sauce or fresh chillies, fresh basil
Pasta of your choosing (I like using fettuccine) can substitute for gluten free
Pesto Pesto recipe
- Add oil and onion into a wok. Cook onions till clear and caramelised.
- Add in the garlic, capsicum, salt and pepper and stir. Keep cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, fresh tomato, sweet chilli sauce and tomato paste and stir. (If you wish to add in any of the optional ingredients, add those in now too).
- Keep on a low heat while you cook the pasta.
- For the pasta, boil water in a large pot with some salt and a little oil (rice bran or olive oil would work best) to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Once the water’s boiled add in the pasta and stir constantly.
- Keep taste testing the pasta and take off heat once it is cooked through.
- Strain the pasta and add it to the tomato sauce. Once combined, serve up with a dollop of pesto.
I like having my pasta with vegan parmesan cheese too (as seen in photo), but it is quite expensive and hard to get. It is also not necessary as the pasta is flavoursome enough but adds a nice touch if you have any 🙂